Friday, January 27, 2012

18 Months!

Today my little boy is 18 months old! That's a year and a half!!! Where on Earth did the time go! It seems like just yesterday we were bringing him home and doing all the newborn stuff. Now he is a walking, talking, eating, laughing machine! He has grown so much in the last few months and everyday is a new experience, challenge, and memory! He is the coolest kid I know (kinda partial) and just amazes me every single day!

Future Daytona 500 winner!

Tanner had his 18 month well check yesterday so here are his stats and what he's been up to lately:

*Weight- 22.2lbs
*height- 31.5in
*Head- 49cm
Still kinda puny, but he is a least on the growth chart so I'm not too worried

*Favorite Food: mac n' cheese, blueberries, Greek yogurt (or gogurt like he likes to say), beans, turkey
*Favorite toy- cars and toilet paper (who would have known toilet paper would lend hours of enjoyment even with a toy box FULL of toys)
*Favorite show: Super Why
*Favorite song: I'm Sexy and I Know it and Tattoos on This Town
*Favorite place- OUTSIDE! We practically live outside! Good thing it's warming up.
*Best Friends- Daisylou (dog), Audrey and Braylon!
*Favorite Book- Brown Bear, Brown Bear

Tanner is definitely a ladies man and can be found blowing kisses to women on a regular basis. I may have my hands full when he is a teen!

At our well check the doctor was very impressed with Tanner's vocabulary. This kid talks non-stop! I have always kept a log of his words and he knows over 50 words! Now, not all words are pronounced correctly, but I can understand what he means! Maybe all those months being in my belly while I taught kindergarten really did pay off!  My dad is working really hard with Tanner to teach him Spanish. He wasn't very successful with me or my brother, so I think Tanner is his next project! It's going really well and he knows six Spanish words so far (agua, frio, luna, lenya, borrega, leche). He is also trying to put sentences together and sounds so cute!

Some of my favorite words he says are: gunkle (uncle), kicky cat (kitty cat), dindor (dinosaur), cock (clock haha), and Daaddlulu (Daisylou).  My favorite sentence is: Gunkle baboy (uncle's a bad boy) and he even hits his hand to really emphasize it!

My parents live down in Corrales, NM which has a very small town feel. They live on over an acre of land and have a huge garden and tons of animals. I love that Tanner can experience that small town feel even in the midst of Albuquerque. He spends his days chasing chickens, feeding cows, riding tractors with gwapa, and playing in the dirt. Because he is around so many animals all the time he is getting really good with his animal sounds! I love when he crows like a rooster, just not in the middle of Mass!

Well 18 months have passed and I am still in awe of this kid! God has blessed me with the most amazing miracle and I thank him for Tanner everyday! This boy has changed our lives and shown us what true love really is!


We love you Tan!

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh! Happy year and a half Tan Man! We love you sooooo much!!

    ReplyDelete