Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Exxon Val-Dean

Last night our house was the site of a massive oil spill! As I was trying to be super mom, cleaning, trying to get a decent meal prepared and watching (ok maybe praying that the pantry would occupy the little ones time which would actually lead to occupying the rest of my night) Tanner, the incident occurred and BP couldn't even be blamed.  This one was all Tanner, well maybe his not so bright Mama. I heard a weird noise, but didn't turn around as the chicken I was trying to burn cooking was not as easy as I thought it would be. Finally, I hear UH OH and what I turned around to see was more of a What the **** did you do! The ENTIRE bottle of veggie oil was seeping across the kitchen floor and my son (with the biggest smile on his face) started to stomp and splash in the oil!  Morgan was working late so trying to salvage dinner and stop my kid from busting his gourd was not so much fun!

I had to find a way to clean up the mess so I pulled out every rag and old towel we owned and tried soaking up the mess. I also remembered my 7th grade science project about birds and oil spills and thought maybe some Dawn dishsoap  would do the trick! A few burned chicken breasts and lots of elbow grease later my floor was clean, or so I thought. Moment of truth came when I let the dogs in to eat. Poor things all went sliding across the floor and into the wall!  The hubby got the call to pick up his own dinner and the little man and I called it a night, a very long night! So, on my agenda today and for as long as it takes, is to find a way to clean the slick, if you walk to fast you may bust your head, floor. I know I say this A LOT but Tanner is lucky he is so darn cute!

And sadly the pics from this glorious night won't upload so just use your imagination folks! Believe me it was not pretty, but the smile on Tan's face was actually pretty priceless!  Definitely a page for the scrapbook!

No comments:

Post a Comment