Thursday, January 19, 2012

Our Day In The Park

The weather today was so nice that I decided to put down the feather duster, forget the over flowing laundry basket, and get outside with the little man!  We left our house and headed down to one of our favorite running spots and decided to get our workout on.  Tanner wasn't too excited (that's a lie, it was me who was dreading the run),
(My feet weren't too excited about this either, but I really surprised myself with how well I did! Maybe Jillian kicking my butt is paying off!)

but I promised him we would take all of our old (omg when did that expire) bread and feed the ducks or quack quacks like Tan likes to call them.  Before we left I set my bag and Tanner down so I could run and find my shades only to come back and see this

Yup, my clever kid opened the bread and because this mom never feeds him, he resorted to eating stale bread. All he was missing was the water and he would know what a prisoners life is like.
This stale bread is so much better than that egg you tried to feed me mom!




After our run we headed to the pond and the ducks swarmed us. Maybe hunger was in the air today!  Tanner had a blast throwing bread to the ducks and making duck sounds! Then some bully ducks got in on the action and swarmed us again splashing us with what I am pretty sure is disease ridden water. I am pretty sure we are now infected with some sort of deadly virus from that putrid water!
All the quack, quacks!

AFLAC! This duck is always at the pond and is so friendly!

Would love to know what is going through his mind sometimes!





After our bird feeding we headed over to the playground. Tanner has recently discovered a new found freedom and loves slides. He hasn't quite mastered how to use them and I fear many casts in my future because this kid knows no fear!




Thanks for catching me mom!

I had such a good day with the little guy today! Days like these are the best! Hoping we can make this more of a habit. Sometimes I get caught up in cleaning and making sure the house is perfect. Well today it isn't, but guess what? I had a PERFECT day and I think Tanner would agree!


Love his smiles!


Until our next adventure. . . 


1 comment:

  1. Too stinkin cute! I'm glad you guys had a good time at the park!!

    ReplyDelete