Thursday, February 2, 2012

A Week As A Single Mom

Morgan has been out of town this week for work and I have been living the single mom life. Let me just say, it is NO fun! There are times, especially when my husband is on my last nerve that I think to myself how nice it would be to be a single mom with a house that would stay clean, but after living it the past few days, that is totally not the case! I NEED my husband in so many ways. He is my protector, my break giver, the better cook, and my companion.  It also doesn't help that I am the world's biggest chicken and am convinced that we will be robbed at any given second so sleep is not happening much this week. I have 3 dogs, a gun (that I actually know how to use), and various objects placed throughout the house in case I need to knock an intruder over the head, but I am still scared. I go to bed at night and pray to still be alive in the morning and even text a friend to make sure she is still alive and to inform her I survived the night as well!

Long days with Tanner and no Daddy to come home in the evening has been rough. Tanner doesn't understand and calls for his dada all night long. When he wakes up he asks for dada to get his baba and looks at me like I am no more than a second place replacement for his daddy. Thank God for grandparents who come and check on us in the evenings and give me a few minutes to shower and pee by myself. I really do have the best parents in the world. I am actually going to take them up on their offer and leave Tan for a few hours today so I can go to the gym by myself! Yay!

It hasn't been all bad though. Tanner has been extra sweet with me (probably just because he misses hanging out with his daddy) and the snuggling at night has melted my heart.  I have also realized how much I love my husband and appreciate all of his hard work for our family. I am just hoping this job is over soon so we can get back to being a family of 3 or 6 if you include our four legged babies!

2 comments:

  1. haha don't you like how after you asked me, i needed to make sure you still were too! I think we need to make the daddies single daddies for a few hours more often! That would be nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking like this weekend! We could bake and drink! Killing two birds with one stone!

    ReplyDelete