Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentines Day!

It's Valentines Day!  A day of eating way too much chocolate and loving those around you! This year I feel like Tanner was old enough to kind of understand the day and I want to train this guy early so we made treats for all of his little friends and family!  I used this amazing sugar cookie recipe that my friend Brittany pinned from pintrest. They are the best sugar cookies I have ever had and are so easy to make! Mama baked and Tanner played with dough and a rolling pin on the floor, which the dogs loved! This afternoon we will make our deliveries of our treats to neighbors and friends! Here are some pics of the cookie making process and the recipe thanks to http://peppermintplum.blogspot.com/





1 cup butter
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
3 tsp. vanilla
1 cup sour cream
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking soda
5 1/2 cups flour
In mixer, cream butter and sugar, and then add eggs and vanilla. Add sour cream. Combine salt, soda, and flour, and add to mixture.
Roll out on floured surface to about 1/4 to 1/3 inch thick place on parchment lined cookie sheet.  Bake at 375 or 7-8 minutes! cookies will not look done, but they are!!! Don't over bake or they will not be soft, melt in your mouth cookies!  Let cool for 5 minutes than transfer to cooling rack!

Butter Cream Frosting:
1/2 cup butter, softened
4 cups powdered sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4-1/3 cup milk
In a mixing bowl, cream butter. Beat in sugar and vanilla until crumbly. Gradually add milk until frosting reaches desired consistency. Add desired food coloring.

And there you have it, the best sugar cookie recipe of all time! I love you Pintrest!!!!
As for my V-day with the Hubs, we don't really go all out, but instead usually eat a good meal and just spend time together.  Last year we stayed in with the little man, but last night my hubby took me out for a great seafood dinner, just the two of us!  It was so nice eating with both hands for a change, but we both missed our little dude so much! Most of our conversations were centered around Tanner and how much he has changed our lives for the better!  I ate way too much and even had to unbutton my pants (I tend to overeat when lobster is involved, oh and cheesecake)!  Morgan had crab legs and moaned and groaned all night about how his stomach hurt, but how it was totally worth it!  Tanner got to spend the evening getting completely spoiled by gwappa and maaama!  They made his favorite meal of mac n' cheese and he even got to help grandma make chocolate dipped strawberries! When we picked him up he was bathed and in his pj's! I could get used to this! So today I plan on spending the day loving my little man, maybe picking up a pizza and spending a relaxing night with my boys and the tv!
My Valentines present from Tanner! I love how you can see his little fingerprints in the chocolate!

Best Valentine EVER!
                         Hope you all have a fantastic Valentines Day and share it with those you love!

No comments:

Post a Comment