Thursday, April 7, 2011

Twists and Turns in Life

I cannot even begin to grasp how much my life has changed the last few years! It seems like just yesterday I was in college thinking that I would never be done and thinking that love would pass me by and I would have to resort to signing up to be a pathetic, sobbing, wreck on the Bachelor. I am horribly shy and have been since I was a child, so for this girl to put herself out there and talk to boys was nearly impossible. After a few failed attempts at love, I met a man who was *gasp* a little older, not so mature, but very sweet! I knew deep down we would get married so I printed some pictures of the rings I liked (the man has very bad fashion sense)! Soon after he asked me to marry him and picked the perfect ring (gee, I wonder why)! After a short engagement we were married and loving life. I was told by some doctors that my chances of conceiving a child "naturally" were unlikely, so of course babies were all I could think about! I had a good friend with whom I worked who was having some fertility issues herself, so we would spend afternoons talking about how much we wanted babies! Well by December (we were married in October), we found out that we were going to be parents! Shocked, amazed, and a little bit scared, I went into work to tell my co-workers and guess what! That same co worker who I spent so many days talking and crying to, had some big news of her own!  We were both preggers and due two days apart! It was amazing having a friend to experience pregnancy with! Well long story short, after a complicated pregnancy, quitting my teaching job, and diving into the world of being a full time stay at home mommy, I have a beautiful 8 month old little boy who is the love of my life and a husband that I love with all of my heart! So much has changed in the last two years, marriage, meeting  a life long friend (who will hopefully be my in-law someday), becoming a mom, and experiencing so many "firsts"! I am loving life and am so thankful for all of the twists and turns life throws. It's amazing to think that one little thing or choice could have changed all of this! I guess God really does know what he is doing! 

So here are some pictures that sum up the last couple of years of my life!
Engagement Pictures - June 2009

Wedding Day- October 30, 2009

Found out Tanner was a boy- April 2010

Fellow preggy friend! Due two days apart (although I was soooo much bigger, yikes) June 2010)

friends from the womb and now in person! Winter 2011

And finally to the present! My happy, adorable, and very loved 8 month old!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh!!!! Beautiful post...made a tear in my eye! I really do think we were put together for a reason...and oh so weird that we live just blocks away. Love the pictures and yes, hopefully one day an in-law we will be!!! Love you and Tanner!! :o)

    ReplyDelete