Sunday, April 10, 2011

Who Needs Sleep?

I do!!!!!!! I know I complain a lot about teething, but it really SUCKS! How can my boy go from sleeping eight hours straight, waking up to drink, and sleep another two hours, to waking up EVERY 2-3 hours? The poor boy (and his mama) are miserable! This dang tooth has been trying to cut through for over a month now! I feel like I have tried everything. The only thing that soothes my poor little man is to nurse. So every 3 hours I am whipping out my boob and basically being a human pacifier for the kid! My boobs feel like the first few days of nursing, and for those of you who have never breastfed, let me just tell you, it does not feel good! Tanner has also decided that he likes sleeping next to me for better access to his mid night snack. For a small boy, he sure does take up a lot of room in the bed.

So, at my wits end, I decided it was time for him to be in his own room all night. Tanner had different ideas and last night after the 7th attempt to get him in his room, I caved and let him sleep with me! As we were in our 2nd hour of sleep (remember we only get about 3), My other child (the four legged one) Daisy started having an allergy attack. This was  a bad one, so I jump out of bed ready for puppy CPR if needed. After an hour of hearing her wheeze, 1 allergy pill later, and now a dog in the bed, I finally drift into dream land, but guess who decided he needed boob. . . yup little man was up again! So my 3 hour stretch of sleep sadly became about 30 minutes. The rest of the night was not much better as I kept reaching to feel if Daisy was breathing as I slept in my 2 inches of bed! No sleeping is literally killing me, a slow, painful death!

No comments:

Post a Comment