Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Operation Clean House

If you know me, you know that I am pretty laid back about most things. By most, I mean my son. I tend to pick my battles with him. One big battle that I just don't bother with anymore is wiping his face as often as I probably should. I love to watch him eat and enjoy his food, even if he is left looking like this
I do clean him up for church and most outings, but this is Tanner at his happiest! He is such a boy and loves being dirty. He wears his food and genuinely enjoys the experience of eating. Who am I to take that from him. He is more like his daddy everyday! He has also discovered a love for watering and "helping" in the garden. By eight at night he is usually covered from head to toe in mud and dirt. His bath tub usually has an awful ring around it, but that's what Clorox is for right?

Remember I said I was laid back about most things, well one thing that brings out the major, call TLC cause she's a crazy lady, is my house. I have an obsession with cleaning. Heck, my kid can be dirty, but nothing bugs me more than having a dirty house. I blame my mom for this because the lady engrained having a clean house in us from a very young age. My brother on the other hand rebelled and I can honestly say he is the biggest anti cleaning member of our family. Well I got the other end of the spectrum. I love a clean house. It makes me feel good and less stressed. Having a husband who could care less if the house was clean has been a challenge and the cause of most of our disagreements. All also having a toddler doesn't help in the keeping an orderly house department, but hey he's cute so I don't mind.

Next week I go in for surgery so I have this horrible nesting type need to clean my house. I want to come back to a house that is nice and will hopefully stay semi clean as I won't be able to do a whole lot for a few days. So, today was baseboard and wall scrub down. It is amazing how dirty those things get with 3 dogs and a two year old! During Tanner's marathon nap, I managed to wipe down the walls (although the grimy little handprints on the fridge are still there. I didn't have the heart to wipe those away), clean baseboards, dust and just as I was beginning to sweep the little man woke up and decided to join in on all the fun.
With all the toys a kid could imagine, my kid thinks mopping is the coolest thing on Earth. Show him a feather duster and he can be occupied for hours! Let's just hope this helping attitude is still around when he is 15 and gross like his dad! I am trying not to make him as OCD as I am and I doubt it will happen because as you can see from the first picture being dirty doesn't faze him much, so I doubt a dirty house would have any effect on him . I do notice some tendincies that he got from me though. He is very particular about putting things back where they belong and gets upset if we put them back in the wrong place. Morgan does it on purpose to bug him. He is the same way at my mom's house. Guess it didn't help that the Cleaning Queen watched him for a bit while I went back to work.

Well I am grateful for my little helper and hoping that this nesting instinct goes away soon or I can finish my cleaning mission soon. I would much rather be spending my last few days before our trip to get cut open playing with this handsome little love of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment