Thursday, May 17, 2012

My Carpets Were. . .

Clean! For Mother's day I asked my hubby to shampoo our carpets and help me do a deep clean on the house. My parents stole Tanner on Saturday so I thought this was the perfect time for some Spring cleaning. My house looked fabulous! I LOVE a clean house (a little OCD)!  Well it didn't last long.  Tanner has been consistently telling me when he goes pee or poop, but only tells me after it happens. I decided to pull out the potty and really get started on the potty train thing.  So, Tuesday morning was the day. He woke up and I immediately put him on the potty and to my surprise he peed!!! We did a goofy dance, he got some chocolate, and then we went on with the morning routine, except I decided to let him be "free" aka no diaper. He usually goes poop right after breakfast so I thought no diaper would make it easier to make it to the potty. WRONG! He wasn't going and I was getting hungry. I ran to kitchen for some yogurt and was gone maybe 20 seconds when I see the poop face starting! I yelled go sit on the potty, but before he could take a step there it was, on my newly shampooed carpet. Tanner remembered me saying go to your potty, so as the ever obedient child that he is he walked to his potty, but took a step right in his digested dinner. Needless to say I didn't get my breakfast, poop didn't go in the potty, and I spent the rest of the morning disinfecting and re cleaning the carpet. Potty training is not going to be fun. I begged and pleaded with my mom to try and do it while I'm out of town! I will bribe with her favorite cookies from Whole Foods if it comes to it! I know Tanner will get this, but I really just wish there was and "easy button" for this one! Any suggestions on potty training techniques?

No comments:

Post a Comment