Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day

Mother's Day has taken on a new meaning for me since becoming a mother. This is my third Mother's Day. I know, I know, I was pregnant on my first, but I still think that counts. Mother's Day is a great day to be pampered and remembered, but I feel like mother's day is everyday. I LOVE being a mom and am so blessed that I was chosen to be Tanner's mom. Being a mom is stressful, hard, fun, exciting, exhausting, and amazing all wrapped in one. Motherhood has been the hardest, but most rewarding job I have ever done.

This year was so nice. I got to spend time with my mom, grandma, and the rest of my crazy big family. We ate, laughed, cried a little, and ate some more. The events of the past few weeks have taught me to cling to family and show each and every one of them how much you love them. My boys also spoiled me a bit. They took me out shopping for some much needed running shorts and then we ate dinner and watched some tv together. It was relaxed and just what I needed.

Being a mom has also helped me appreciate my own mom more. She is honestly my best friend, the person I can be totally honest with, and the women I respect more than anyone. She has taught me so many things and I feel that I have become a good mother from the example she has set. I honestly don't know what  I would do without her. I feel so blessed that Tanner has her in his life. She loves my son so much and he is her world. I know that my mom would give her life for my son. I also love and appreciate my mother in laws.  They are each unique in their own ways. Kenny is funny, loving, the kind of woman who would give you her last penny if she thought you needed it. She has taught me to deal and ignore Morgan's annoying habits. I hope to one day cook as good as she does and to have the courage to say what's really on my mind. I love how much she loves my son. The way she looks at him says it all. . .  Nancy is strong willed, says what she is thinking, doesn't hold back, and is honest. I love her honesty and appreciate it. She is the spoiling grandma. Anything Tanner wants he gets.  Although we don't see her as often, she makes an attempt to be present in our lives.  These three women have shown me what motherhood is and if I can even take a little from each of them I think I will do right by my son.

The love of my life!


I am so lucky to have such great examples of what motherhood is. I have been blessed with my enormous family and seeing my grandmas, aunts, and cousins who are mothers has shown me how to be a good mom. Motherhood is not easy and at times I am sure all of us have thought about quitting, but then you see the face of your child starring at you with absolute love and admiration, and all the bad and frustrating times seem to fade away.  Thank you to all of the amazing moms out there and thank you God for blessing me with the gift of motherhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment