Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter Weekend

Easter is one of my favorite holidays.  My family goes all out and I was so excited to see Tanner's reaction this year. Our Easter weekend started on Saturday with a BBQ and egg hunt at good friends house. Her daughter Audrey is a month younger than Tanner and they are great friends. The kiddos went on a hunt and caught on to the concept of "hunting" for eggs pretty fast. Tanner discovered that there was "coclic" aka chocolate in the eggs and was pretty much in heaven (he is quite the addict).

looking for eggs

Always the gentleman. Tanner kept giving Audrey his eggs!
After the hunt we went to Sarah and Elijah's for yummy burgers and let the kiddos and dogs play in the backyard. It was a great start to the weekend and the hunt was great practice for the huge hunt he was gearing up for on Sunday.

Easter Sunday started with our early rise to make it to church on time. I used to hate the people who would only show up twice a year and take up all the room, but sadly this year I have become one of them. My son has yet to learn proper "church behavior".  He likes to crow like a rooster and gets very excited to see the clock above the confessionals (this would be fine if he could say clock right, but he is yet to learn the "l" sound so the word isn't very church appropriate). Church was a work out and I broke a sweat. Thankfully my parents and Morgan were both there so we played musical baby most of mass.

After mass we headed over to my Grandma's house. I love her house. It is small and busting at the seams with all of us (we are a pretty big bunch and growing every year), but I wouldn't have it any other way. We ate delicious food, laughed, and got ready for the big hunt.
lining kiddos up

Faster dad!!!
We always hide tons of eggs filled with candy, money and this year funny and not so funny items. We also love doing confetti eggs! They are pretty much hollowed out eggs filled with confetti that we smash on each others heads! It can get brutal at times, but it is so much fun! Tanner loved looking for eggs and kept his daddy busy!

Got one!


The craziness unfolding!
The newest member to the Tafoya clan! Baby Jaxon!


 




Paul got the "mystery egg" that said "Do Not Open". He didn't yield the advice and opened it to find a dead CENTIPEDE! Who would do such a thing?
THIS LADY! She looks sweet, but watch out! Actually she is very sweet and Paul earned $5 for his creepy egg! I would have died if that was my egg! We know who to watch out for next year!





Aaliyah had enough hunting!
Taking a break to watch the sheep run!

My amazing grandma getting in on the action! She's a sneaky one! She acts like she wants a hug then bops you on the head with an egg and hard too!




Everyone had such a blast and I am so happy that Tanner can now be a part of this wacky family and our traditions! I am so thankful for every single member of this family! At times it can be so chaotic with a big family, but then I feel so lucky to have so many people that love me and I them! I have to say that this is by far my favorite Easter of all time!

All thanks to this guy!

Hope y'all had a great Easter too!

No comments:

Post a Comment