Saturday, April 21, 2012

The Fall

Well it seems like every six months or so Tanner is due for a good face plant resulting in scars and a heart attack for his mama! A couple of days ago Tanner was having a blast playing in the backyard. He was content to do his own thing and his daddy and I actually got a minute to have an adult beverage and talk about our day! We have an elevated patio and Tanner has done great walking down the two steps onto the grass, that was until the day of the fall. Tanner bent down to take his first step and his BFF (Otis aka the damn dog) ever so lightly hit him with his tail sending Tanner face first onto the flagstone Morgan had just laid! I heard a thump or two and then the screams! I panicked, ran inside, covered my eyes and  screamed asked calmly (haha) for Morgan to please tell me that he had teeth and a non broken nose! He carried my bloody mess of a baby to me and after I inspected the teeth (I have a weird fear of teeth being knocked out) and made sure all his pearly whites were intact, I searched for the source of the blood. The culprit was a busted lip! He ended up with two goose egg bumps on his forehead, a mess of a scratched up face, Angelina lips and about a million "oucheeees" screamed at me and daddy! I have a feeling his modeling career may be over before it even started, who am I kidding this kid is ridiculously adorable scratches and all! All in all he is fine and a pretty tough kid! He is 100% boy and I know this is just one of many accidents I will witness! Hurts the heart as a mommy though!

Here's the result two days after fall! At least he is still happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment