Saturday, October 1, 2011

Balloon Fiesta 2011


Growing up I never really appreciated living in the good old Land of Enchantment. I used to think it was boring and there was never anything to do. Every year our states hosts the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta. Seeing it year after year  and dealing with horrendous traffic made it less desirable as I grew up. That was until I had a child of my own. Seeing the world through his eyes is like seeing everything for the first time. After an emotional couple of days (sadly I went back to work and am not enjoying leaving my kiddo, more on that later) my hubby and I woke up bright (well actually it was still VERY dark out) and early and headed out to the Fiesta! Tanner was a little concerned that he was up at 4 am and mama wasn't offering the boob, but once he had some baby cheetos he was ready to party! We got to the fiesta just as Dawn Patrol was getting ready for liftoff. My hubby was helping out on a crew so Tanner and I sat back and watched the magic!

Soon the sun began to rise and so did the balloons. The first balloon to go up was the "World" Balloon which had flags from various countries from around the world. This was the balloon Morgan was helping out with. It was beautiful and so fitting since Tanner is a little obsessed with the American Flag.
Since we didn't have a chance to eat before we left, we decided to eat some grub and finish watching the balloons. We got breakfast burritos and the thing I have been craving and not allowing myself to have for weeks. . . a funnel cake! And boy was it good!
breakfast of champions!
Balloons were taking off all over the place and filled the sky with so much for a certain one year old to look at! He was on "babooon" aka balloon overload! Seeing how excited he was made me feel like a kid again and truly appreciate this event. Seeing the smile on my husband's face as he was holding Tanner was priceless and something I will never forget. Some people may never see it in person and I am lucky enough to have seen it every year of my life. Having a child really makes you appreciate each and every thing about everyday! Thank you Tanner for opening mama's eyes to the world again!
this is my favorite balloon and Tanner even "mooed" when he saw it!

Look Dad!


Happy Family!


True Happiness!

Love his face!

And this is what waking up at 4 am and the excitement of Balloon Fiesta does to a one year old!  
Today was an amazing day and one that I will never forget! I love my family so much and every moment with them means so much to me. That said, I think I have made my decision about what to do job wise next year. As most of you know I took a long term sub position at my old school to do a "test run" to see if I am ready to dive back into teaching. Well after two days (which some will say is not enough time to make a valid decision, but really I don't think I'll change my mind in the next 5 weeks) I know the answer, but will make you wait until my next blog to build suspense (well actually I'm just really tired, but suspense sounds better)!

Thanks Morgan, Tanner, and the neighborhood crew for a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! You finally got a funnel cake! It looks like an amazing time! I hope you still want to go friday cus it is the shapes rodeo. I think the boys will love it!

    ReplyDelete