Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Training For An Early Death

So today was day one of my death training for a 10k, yes 10 (holy moly) in September.  I was talked into this little endeavor by two of the mom's in our mommy group and I can honestly say that I am excited, scared, but really happy that I have other ladies to motivate me! I used to enjoy running and would participate in 5k's with my former company, but that was 3 years pre baby, early 20's, less jiggle, and with many nights of sleeping 8+ hours. Those days are long gone, but I need to do this for me!  I have FINALLY reached my pre prego weight, but still am not happy with my body!  "Things" are not where they "used" to be and I have jiggle in places that really shouldn't jiggle! I really need to get on a path of eating right and getting healthy because my excuse of "well I'm nursing so I need to eat more", for the past 11 months is soon coming to an end! My days of not feeling guilty for downing a milkshake and burger or having 2 servings of dessert are sadly ending too! If I keep eating the way I have been after breast feeding, I will probably gain all the baby weight back in a matter of weeks!  In order to improve my lifestyle I started weight watchers and am hoping that training for the 10k will help me reach my goal of feeling better about myself and not being mortified by putting on my swimsuit! Today was good, and although I was hating running while I was doing it, I feel refreshed and actually had energy today! It was also so nice being able to workout with my little man and not having to find a babysitter while I go to the gym and worry about if he is hungry or missing me! I am actually looking forward to Friday when I get my butt kicked again!

2 comments:

  1. Well I think that you will do amazing!!! And if you have to walk some...so what?? Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I saw your comment on my car seat post and wanted to respond about the premature birth but you don't have an email attached to your comments. Please shoot me an email and I'd be happy to share with you.

    livelovelaughblog@yahoo

    ReplyDelete