Friday, May 6, 2011

Weaning and Dr. Brown's

So Tanner is 9 months old and getting to the point where he is practically undressing me when he wants to nurse! This was cute at first, but now it obnoxious! I want to continue nursing until he is a year old, but want to gradually cut down his nursings so my supply drops slowly. So last week I decided to replace his 5pm nursing with a bottle of formula! Tanner was not having it, but I did it all week. Then this week I decided to cut out his 10 am feeding! Tanner's world just about ended and the devil child emerged! He kicks, screams, nuzzles for boob, and finally if he grasps the bottle he will throw it! I feel like a horrible mom, but this HAS to be done! I don't want to be the woman nursing her kid til he's 5! I research, bought every type of bottle there is, asked adivce from other mommies, and I still feel lost! In a perfect world I would only nurse before bed, maybe once if he woke up, and first thing in the morning, but alas it's not perfect! Tanner hates being covered so when he wants to nurse and we are out it's a dressing room or bathroom for this mama!

Proud to announce that we had a small break though today though!  He only drank 3 oz out of a bottle, but it's more than yesterday! Dr. Brown's bottles are my savior!  So far this is the only bottle he likes and will actually drink milk from! I love you Dr. Brown's! And I love my boy more than life itself so it's so hard for me to be tough! It is a miracle that he is here so I feel bad complaining about the bottle issue or his lack thereof  sleeping! I know I have to get tough because one day he will be a teenager, but it's hard with a face like this!
My future cowboy! Love you even though you give me a hard time!

No comments:

Post a Comment