Monday, May 9, 2011

March For Babies

Wow! What a weekend! We were so busy, but had an amazing time! Saturday was the day I had been looking forward to for a very long time! My hubby and I signed up to participate in the March of Dimes Walk. Before having a preemie of our own, we had no clue about this cause! Having Tanner opened our eyes to this cause and it is something that is very near to my heart. Morgan and I raised $150.00 and hope to do better next year. I don't think Morgan realized the importance of this walk until we actually got there and heard stories from parents who had it a whole lot worse than we did. Seeing babies hooked up to oxygen really showed us how blessed we are to have such a healthy little boy! I will walk every year in this event in honor of my little boy and my future children. The chances of me having another preemie and another difficult pregnancy is very high, but hopefully with more research into why premature births occur, I won't have to worry (fingers crossed). I already can't wait until next year!
Getting Ready to March!

Starting line

Tanner trying to throw everything out of his stroller

Meeting the storm Trooper

My not so little preemie!

Our reason for walking!

Even though Daddy complained a lot, he walked the whole 4 miles! Bad knee and all!

No comments:

Post a Comment