Monday, July 30, 2012

Best Friends

Most kids have something special that they like to carry around, snuggle with, or play with. Most of the time it's a blanket, maybe a stuffed animal, or special toy. Well, my kiddo has a new best friend. It's not a blanket or a stuffie. Nope, it's an old, ugly, made for scaring birds away, OWL! A huge, actual size owl. He found it at my parents house and plays with it while we visit. He takes it for rides in the wheel barrel, on the tractor, and it sits and watches him as he plays in their yard. Well, my dad had the genius idea to bring it to my house for Tanner's bday (ya know best friends must be together on special days).  Tanner carried it around and even put it in the kiddie pool with him. All day Sunday the owl accompanied us in every room, watched Cars, and even sat at the table while we ate dinner. I got up to pee last night and about screamed when I saw it's shadow on the wall. I told Tanner that owl missed living in the country and that we would visit him at Papa's house from now on. Our talk seemed to work until it came time to take owl out of the car.  My son screamed and cried for "fend owl" aka friend owl!  I couldn't bear the thought of the screams all the way home so you guessed it, owl came home with us! I will sneak that thing back down to my dad's, how that will happen is still unknown!  So if you see a kid in a car clutching a huge plastic, realistic looking owl, that would be my kid!

Reunited and it feels so good. .

1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh that is the funniest thing ever. i like how you tried to bring it back and it didn't work. the song reference...classic.

    ReplyDelete