Tuesday, July 17, 2012

What We've Been Up To Lately

I just realized that I hadn't posted a blog since the 4th of July. We have been having so much fun and everyday as I am doing dishes I think of blogs that I could write, but it just seems like there are never enough hours in the day, especially when you have a wild almost two year old in the house!

Summer started out slow as I was still recovering from surgery, but six weeks post op and I am finally feeling great and our summer fun has finally begun!  I am having such a blast this year with Tanner. He is at such a cool age and understands the world around him so much more! He is a talking machine and I love all the new things he comes up with! He is such a goofy kid and will do anything for a laugh! I am going to have the class clown that annoys teachers, just my luck!

Since mommy is feeling better, we have gotten out of the house a little more the past couple of weeks. We have been walking with a great friend of mine and reconnecting with her has been so nice. We go a few mornings a week and it's my time for girl talk and Tanner's time to fill up with every snack in our pantry! We also have discovered that the movie theater by our house has a dollar movie for kids every Wednesday!

Last week was the first time we tried and surprisingly Tanner did really good! We met up with his bestie Audrey and her mama for a fun day at the movies and a pizza lunch! Tomorrow we will be seeing Rio and I can't wait to see how Tan does again!  We have finally started swimming again at our favorite pool! The pool in Corrales is great for kids! It has a beach type entrance and isn't very deep. The best part about this pool is that it's free for us (thank you family pass for my daddy working for the Village)!   We met up with Audrey and Sarah last week and the kiddos had so much fun! Audrey is a daredevil and my kid pretty much clinched my suit for dear life for the first 30 minutes before he finally got used to the water! Hopefully the next time we go he is a little more adventerous and lets me rest a bit (moving fast is still not my strong suit after surgery).

My favorite thing we have done this summer is taking Tanner on his first fishing trip! He got a rod from his Uncle Frank before he was even born. The last few months Morgan has taught him to cast and reel in his rod.

We thought he might be ready to try real fishing, but our kid literally has the attention span of a knat, so maybe next year! Not to mention, getting hit with a weight and hook is not something I am looking forward to anyway. We let Tan "fish" for a while then drove around until we found the perfect picnic spot. Spending the day with just my boys was so much fun and much needed! The mountains were beautiful and so much cooler than in the city!


And best of all. . . a day of fun leads to one heck of a nap! Tanner slept the whole way home and even had an early bedtime!

                    I cannot wait to see what the rest of the summer has in store for us!
(Oh, and sorry for all the typos. Apparently spell check isn't working and I obviously can't spell. The teacher in me is freaking out, but the mom in me who's kid is about to wake up from his nap any second says screw it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment