Friday, March 23, 2012

On Cloud Nine

I am on cloud nine doing my happy dance, actually I did my happy dance in the middle of my run at the park with people looking at me like I was a weirdo, but oh well!!! I got the best phone call I could have asked for today! I have been fighting with doctors and insurance companies for months now to have a surgery done by an amazing doctor in Chicago. There has been so much run around, red tape, paperwork, worry, stress, sadness and finally triumph! I have been approved to have surgery in Chicago for our "in" network co pays (still a lot, but much less than it would have been if we had to pay out of network prices).  I get to schedule this surgery on Tuesday and hopefully can get out there this summer. I am scared at the reality of being cut open, but so excited to actually dream about future pregnancies without worry, fear, or sadness! I get to be happy and excited to see what the future holds and if God will bless me with more little miracles! This has been the fight of my life, but I am so glad I didn't give up when things got tough and holding a healthy (hopefully full term) baby in my arms will be totally worth the past few months of uncertainty.

My husband has been my rock during this trying time in our lives. He isn't particularly religious, but told me to have faith in God, that he will lead us down the right path.  He has so much faith and always reassures me to have faith too. I guess I need to listen to him more often. Although this has not been an easy fight for us, I feel like it is just going to bring us that much closer. We have gone through a lot in the five years we have been together and with each trial and tribulation we seem to come out more in love and stronger than ever. I don't know what I would do without my amazing husband and best friend.

One hurdle down and although there are probably many more in our future, it's one down!! Next up scheduling surgery, doing "test runs" leaving Tanner overnight with my parents, having a yard sale to raise some airline ticket funds, and finally being open and excited about the possibility of having a "as close to normal" pregnancy as possible.

Thank you so much to family and especially friends (Sarah and Brittany) who have supported me on this journey with words of encouragement, open ears, and love. Thank you for not making me feel like I couldn't express my feelings and for not getting sick of my "sob story". Y'alls support has meant the world to me and I also wouldn't know what to do without both of you by mys side! Now just to get us all pregnant at the same time with babies numero dos. . .

3 comments:

  1. Elijah posted the above! I am over the moon for you!!! I wish I could go to Chicago with you and hold your hand. Even though it will be a tough surgery, as any are....the end result will e the best! And we WILL have to all get pregnant at the same time again! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl and Elijah! I wish you could go too, but maybe you and my mom could get the kiddos together for a playdate so Tanner doesn't freak out too much! I'm nervous, but so excited!

      Delete