Thursday, March 22, 2012

Great Day!

Today has been such a great day! Mind you it is only 1:45 pm, but I could not have asked for a better day with my favorite little man! The day started out with us both waking up smiling. I am a horrible morning person and it usually takes me 20 or so minutes to get my barrings and sadly my son inherited that from me. But today was different. He woke up, rolled over kissed my forehead and laughed at my messy hair. That  made me laugh and got the dogs excited for breakfast. We had a yummy breakfast of yogurt and fruit and while I got ready Tanner watched some Supery Why and decided to give Daisylou a makeover! This kid is just to stinkin cute!
Tanner going on a reading adventure!

Giving Daisylou a much needed makeover!


After letting my kids brain rot a little with tv, we decided to go on a run to our favorite park. Tanner is such a good boy while I run and it doesn't hurt that I load his stroller up with all of his favorite snacks and bribe him with feeding bread to the ducks. I have never gone through so much bread, but it keeps him happy and keeps it out of my stomach and with swimsuit season fastly approaching that is a good thing!  We ran/walked 2.5 miles and then headed over to the ducks and the playground! I love watching Tanner play and even though he gives me a few heart attacks when he climbs the big equipment, I love that he is exploring and learning!  And, it is a great workout for mommy chasing him around and up the playground! 
Running, running, and more running! He must be hanging out with me too much!
Loving the slide!








When we got home the weather was just too nice to stay inside, so we headed out back to work on the yard. Daddy has been out of town all week so the dog poop was really piling up. I picked up dog poo and Tanner played in his sand table. We swept, pulled weeds, raked the dead grass and washed down the patio! It looks really good out there and I am hoping for warm nights so we can have dinner out back! We had a delicious lunch of grilled cheese and strawberries and then to my surprise, Tanner asked for mimi (which more often than not means ice cream, but today it meant go to sleep). He has been asleep now for about an hour!
Can't wait for the rest of the day! We still have so much on the agenda! We need to get a great yummy dinner ready for daddy when he gets home tonight and we are also meeting Braylon and his mommy for an evening run! I am determined to get in swimsuit shape, even if that means running twice a day :( 

I love days like today! Being with my son is the most amazing feeling. Sometimes it's hard being the one home with him all.day.long but then we have days like this and I dread the day that I will go back to work. God has blessed me with so much and I think today was just a reminder of that!

1 comment: