Thursday, October 31, 2013

20 weeks

I am officially a little more than halfway through this pregnancy!!! 18 more weeks until I get to meet my little princess! This week has been an emotional one for me. I was 20+1 when I had my emergency cerclage with my son. That was the scariest day of my life. Yesterday, I was also 20+1 and had my anatomy scan. The nerves were at an all time high.  I was so scared that something would go wrong. But, thankfully, all was great with my girl. She is measuring right on track and she's still a girl. I've been holding off on the nursery because I was scared of an oops it's a boy! Best news of all my cervix measured at 4.5 cm! Much better than the 1.2 I had at this same gestation last time! My MFM is wonderful. He is like a big Santa Claus and is so sweet. I've been in a lot of pain lately from an overproduction of relaxin which makes your pelvic/pubic bone spread. He's not too concerned but officially said running will have to wait until after baby and even walking should be limited to only what I have to do. He did recommend trying the elliptical and joining water aerobics. I have a feeling I'll be joining the old lady water group at the gym!  I still have to go in every other week for cervical checks, but it's nice to be able to see Avery so often. In four weeks I get my 3d ultrasound so I am excited for that one and it marks my first big milestone 24 weeks!

How far along:  20 weeks 2 days

Sleep: Still a struggle. I am in the worst pain at night, but my snoodle is really helping (my boys hate my pillow).

Weight gain: With my last pregnancy I was up a lot of weight by this time! So far with this one I have gained 12lbs. Not to bad for not working out for 3 weeks, but I look much bigger than I did last time.

Stretch Marks: No new ones!!

Best moment this week:  Watching my tummy move as she kicks and Tanner asking to hug her at random times throughout the day.

Food Cravings:  I finally had a major craving Tuesday night. Like the kind of craving that made me cry because I needed it. Thankfully my hubby ran to the store at 8pm and got me an apple pie and ice cream. He's definitely a keeper!

Miss Anything:  I miss being active like I used to be. I've learned the hard way what overdoing it can do to me. Last weekend we went for a long walk and I'm still paying for it pain wise. I just need to remember that I will be active again soon as I'm sure I'll never sit with two kiddos running around.

20 week belly and she is finally moving up! And of course my Daisylou posing with me!





No comments:

Post a Comment