Wednesday, October 23, 2013

19 Weeks

I have been really bad about documenting this pregnancy. I don't know if it's just the lack of energy or the fact that I have a very active toddler who demands most of my attention. I really want to remember as much as I can with this pregnancy because I am pretty sure it will be my last. I am going to try and do a weekly update with milestones, belly pictures, etc. so I have a virtual memory of this pregnancy. Even though I had my son only three years ago, there are so many things I have forgotten about his pregnancy. So even though I'm already halfway through this pregnancy, I will do my best to document from here on out. 


How far along?  19 weeks 1 day

Sleep:  Insomnia is bad at the moment. Between having to get up and pee every two hours and my husband snoring, I don't get much sleep. I also tend to worry at night. It seems like all my days stresses seem to peak about 2 am. I am also dealing with a lot of pain from my pubic bone separating early so rolling over in bed is extremely painful. 

Stretch Marks:  No new ones yet!!! Hoping this is a trend. Bi oil is my new best friend and it has actually faded the ones from my last pregnancy tremendously! 

Weight gain: So far so good! At this stage with my son I think I was up about 20 pounds. This time I have gained 9 so far, but I look much bigger than I did with my son go figure!

Best moment this week: Feeling Avery move. So far I can only feel her from inside, but every time she moves it makes me smile and feel so blessed to be carrying her. 

Food Cravings:  I want green chile all.the.time. I pretty much put it on everything and then the heartburn kicks in! 

Miss anything: I miss working out! Never thought I'd say that, but when you are told you can't, it makes you want to even more. Because of the pubic bone pain, my doctor wants me to hold off on working out for a few weeks. I am still working on toning my arms, but legs and walking long distances are a no go for right now. It stinks, but I have the rest of my life to get back in shape and I'll do anything to ensure my girl is safe. 

I can't believe how fast this pregnancy is going. Getting to 12 weeks seemed to take forever and now I am exactly 19 weeks away from my c-section! Weekly p17 injections (to keep uterus clam) make it seem so fast, mainly because once my butt starts feeling better it's time for another shot! I am also seeing my MFM biweekly for cervical length checks and am so excited to say that my last measurement was 4.9 cm!!! At this same point with Tanner it was 1.2 cm. Overall all the appointments are a bit overwhelming, but also reassuring. It's nice to see Avery every two weeks and nice to know that if something goes wrong the doctors will catch it early, but sometimes I feel like I am just waiting for the other shoe to drop. Staying faithful is my goal, and prayer and being able to talk to other women in my support group is my saving grace. 

19 week belly 




No comments:

Post a Comment