Monday, June 11, 2012

Chicago. . . The fun days

Well we are back in the Land of Enchantment and honestly I could not be happier! Chicago was nice, but I now have a new appreciation for New Mexico and the small town feel. The big city was very overwhelming to this country girl! Leaving Tanner was so hard and I'm sure Morgan and I said "man Tanner would've loved this" about 100 times a day. Overall the trip was great and just what Morgan and I needed. I take that back, the first two days were great, the other 3 not so much. I'll get into that another day.

We landed in Chicago early Tuesday morning and rode the "L" for an hour and a half ride to our hotel. First time on a train like that was a little scary, but we soon got used to it. The sights were amazing. We rode through some not so nice areas of town that kind of scared me, but also made me appreciate home so much more. We stayed near O'hare airport in a beautiful room! The view was amazing! It was so quiet in there though without a two year old running around! We ate at a local Tavern and then decided to head into the city for some sightseeing. We rode the train to downtown and were amazed at the size of the city. Pictures do not do justice to how tall the buildings truly are. The city was such a fast paced way of life. People weaving in and out of you with earphones and tablets attached to them. It was different. We went into a whole in the wall bar had a drink, some fried food, and watched the game. We walked around and took in more sights before heading to the hotel.


The next day we again ventured out to the city. This time we decided to be total tourists and hit some touristy hotspots. We walked along Lake Michigan all the way to the Shed Aquarium. It was beautiful! They had dolphins and beluga whales. I only wish Tanner had been there to see it! After that we hoped on a water taxi and headed over to Navy Peir where we ate delicious sea food and and walked along the lake. It was such a great day and one that we will never forget.


So excited for his seafood!

View of the city in the background

Mr. Serious who wore his Lobo gear in case we ran into Urlacher!

The bean and my frizzy hair! Chicago is not nice to people with curls


The best and most supportive husband around! Still in love!

This was a great trip. A trip filled with new experiences, hope, laughter, and pain. I am so glad we had a few days to have the honeymoon we never got to take and to now have a bionic cervix that will allow us to add to our family. The last few days of the trip were not glamorous by any means, but showed me what a wonderful man I married. He has seen me at my absolute worst and still loves me (thank God). I am truly blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment