Wednesday, December 21, 2011

One of Those Weeks

This has been a rough week for this tired mama.  The Christmas hustle and bustle is a little too much to handle. I have so much to do and am running out of time and patience. Tanner is first off amazing, but this amazing kid seems to be into everything lately! He likes to climb and play with things that could possible kill him. The huge toybox is lame ya know!  He is also cutting two molars and is a snot and droll machine (most of that ends up on his dear old mama).  Along with teething comes Mr. Clingy who needs to be attached to me at ALL times.  If I have to pee, the wee ones world crashes around him. Showering? What's that?  My hair is a grease ball and I'm pretty sure my husband would rather sleep on the couch than have to catch a whiff of my ever so pleasant, actually BO ridden self. Okay, I'm exaggerating, I don't smell that bad, Febreze is a god send!

This morning was the kicker though. Last night I baked beautiful cookies (more on that next blog) and decided to document the process with the awesome camera I got 2 Christmas's ago. Well stupid me left camera on counter, where I thought the mini me couldn't reach it. Boy was I wrong. As I'm getting his yogurt out of the fridge I hear a bam! And low and behold my prized possession is on the floor. I'm horrified to admit this, but I yelled. He cried. Then I cried for yelling at my baby.  My lens was crushed and dented and my heart was broken. Mom of the year right? I picked up both of my babies and just cried, called hubby and admitted I'm overwhelmed and then decided to just cuddle my love and hope that he forgave me (which he did and I'm not even sure he remembers the incident).  Soon after he went down for a nap and I sat and stared at him and cried some more.  I realized that yeah it sucks that my camera may be broken, but who cares it can be replaced, my kid cannot. Then I start thinking about all of those you wish to be parents and cannot for various reasons and I felt like a total ungrateful biotch for making a big deal out of something so small and taking my son for granted (if you haven't noticed I tend to over analyze EVERYTHING).  Hard days are a part of parenthood and I need to learn to embrace them.   A good friend of mine told me to "just keep smiling, because these are the moments we will look back on and smile the most about".   So with that said, I'm gonna keep on smiling and enjoying every moment (even the my claim to fame is breaking stuff, teething and boogers) with the greatest son anyone could ask for!

Love you, Tan Man!!
How can you stay mad at this face?

1 comment:

  1. Do not beat yourself up. You are human and we all have those days. Please remember that yes you have an amazing son. And yes he is a great blessing. And their are many people who yearn to have children. However, that does NOT negate the bad day. You are allowed to get frustrated with him. You are allowed to be overwhelmed. It does not in anyway mean that you love Tanner less or that you are ungrateful person. You are one of the most grateful person I know. We all need to vent or scream at the wall in the bathroom. love ya!

    ReplyDelete