Friday, August 26, 2011

Teething... Enough Said

The past 24 hours in the Dean household have been challenging! Tanner, like usual, is having a really hard time with the two new pearly whites waiting to make an appearance. Fussy days and sleepless nights are not fun. I always try to think about how lucky I am to have such a healthy, (usually) happy, adorable baby, but yesterday I found myself really frustrated and exhausted. To make matters worse Morgan was fishing with my dad and father in law as I was having my mommy meltdown. After four hours of trying to get Tanner down for the night and becoming a human pacifier, the boy was finally asleep. As I looked over at him laying next to me so peaceful, I again realized how lucky I am. Every mom has the right to have a bad day now and then, but seeing my baby cuddled up to me made the hours of screaming and being on my hip worth it. I felt so guilty for feeling frustrated with him and even shed a few tears. I love my boy more than life and am in awe of him every day. God gave me the most amazing gift, a little boy who is perfect in my eyes (teething and all).  Here's to a better day and hopefully a more restful night (this may require a famous "Doug" margarita at the in-laws tonight, don't judge me)!
Vampire baby no more, top front teeth finally came in! Now on to the others, Yay (NOT)!

No comments:

Post a Comment