Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Mom's Night Out: Birthday Edition

Last Saturday, I was surprised with an awesome night out with some great friends to celebrate my turning another year older! They had mentioned to be ready at five and to wear a dress and heels, but that was all I was told. I panicked, hoping that the dress I had in mind (pre Tanner) still fit.  Thanks to Spanx and lots of running a few days prior, it fit!!! Sarah and Brittany picked me up and made the trek to the other side of town. To my surprise we ended up at Saint Clair Winery!  I had been wanting to try this place for so long! Now, I am not really a wine drinker, but I want to be so I was excited to try something new! Kim joined us there and it was so nice to see these ladies in a different setting. Like an eat with two hands, no breaking up brawls, and being able to talk freely without little ears around! Kim was great at explaining wines and helped me pick the perfect one! Dinner was amazing, but the company was even better!

After dinner Brittany, Sarah, and I headed over to the Que Bar. It was definitely an experience and  Brittany's words "Man our girls nights are getting lame" pretty much summed up our time at the bar! Sadly her words were true! This bar seemed to be for the older crowd that think they are still in their twenties and dress like they are too! The music was too loud and nine o' clock rolled around and you could see that we were about ready to call it a night, some might say lame, but when you have a toddler you can understand! We had some laughs over a creeper scanning the room for some action and when it didn't happen, he had a great time on the dance floor by himself. The guy had moves we had never seen before! I tried to get Sarah to go and dance with him, but she didn't go for the $5 I offered her! All in all we had such a good time and laughed a lot!!!

Thanks again for a great night ladies!

1 comment:

  1. I had an amazing time and the food was good too!! If you tacked on a 0 to that $5 I would have gladly jumped on the weird guy and danced with him!! That would have made for some good pictures. And darn it, we didn't take any of us all dolled up. I guess that means another girls night is due!

    ReplyDelete