Sunday, February 27, 2011

Emotions

I have been an emotional wreck this past week.  I have moments of extreme happiness and then sadness and worry.  It all started last week when I read a blog of a woman who lost her four month old little girl.  It broke my heart and she was living my worst fear.  I worry so much about Tanner. I finally understand why my mom was always worrying about me and my brother.  The blog hit close to home with me because this woman was also a teacher and had just recently returned to work.  I could imagine myself in her position. I, however, made a choice not to return to work. I loved my job and really struggled with the decision. Lately I had been feeling like a failure and a loser for having a college degree and not using it, that was until I read the heartbreaking blog. I may not have my dream job anymore, and I may not have the "lifestyle" that I would have had if I had been working, but I have time with my beautiful little boy.  I would not trade one minute with him for anything. Sometimes I get down about what I don't have, but then I look at my amazing family and realize how lucky and blessed I really am.  Although the blog was heartbreaking, I needed to read it because it put what is important in my life in perspective.  I pray for this woman and her family and vow to live each day to it's fullest and love with everything I have in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment